Fundamentals in Nursing Assignment HelpJanuary 22, 2021 2022-02-22 23:15
Fundamentals in Nursing Assignment Help
What does Fundamentals in Nursing entail?
NUR 2115 Fundamentals in Nursing is offered in Rasmussen College. NUR NUR 2571 Clinical Judgment is the process of integrating evidence-based practice, critical-thought, the Nursing Process, knowledge, skills, and attitudes on
Clinical Judgment is the process of integrating evidence-based practice, critical-thought, the Nursing Process, knowledge, skills, and attitudes, as well as application of theory to practice in order to promote safe, quality care to clients in all settings.
Keeping that in mind, answer the following scenario:
You are the Charge Fundamentals in Nursing in a large Urban
Emergency Department (ED). You nursing staff include:
- RN with 12 years of Trauma ED experience
- New RN with 6 months ED experience
- RN from the Medical Surgical floor with 8 years of experience
The following patients are in the ED, which patient will you give to each of the nurses and why?
- A 76-year-old client who was involved in a motor vehicle accident and has hematuria.
- A 38-year-old client with kidney stones complaining of severe pain.
- A 24-year-old diabetic client with an acute urinary tract infection who will require discharge teaching.
- An 80-year-old client that has not had a bowel movement for 4 days.
Please cite references used be descriptive there is no missing info you are delegating these pts to the proper nurse you feel is best fit for each patient and why?
Sandra is a 27-year-old female admitted with a possible Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). She smokes one pack per day and is on birth control. She has a history of hypertension and obesity. She is admitted to the hospital and placed on bedrest. Heparin drip is started per protocol. The Provider is anticipating on sending her home with Coumadin.
- Can Sandra be placed on Coumadin and Heparin at the same time? Explain your answer.
- Develop 3 teaching points important for Sandra to know about her medications regimen.
- What questions would you ask Sandra to verify that she understand the 3 teaching points?
Cite ALL references used
Clinical Question – Formulate a clinical question using the PICOT format.
P: Patient PopulationI: Intervention or area on InterestC: Comparison intervention or groupO: OutcomeT: TimeEx: “In acute care hospitals (patient population), how does having a rapid response team (intervention) compared with not having a response team (comparison) affect the number of cardiac arrests (outcome) during a three-month period (time)?”DO not use example or hand washing.
Mr. Sweet, 38 years old, is brought to the Emergency Department unresponsive. He has a history of Type 1 diabetes and has been sick for the last 3 days. On admission his Blood sugar is 532, Potassium is 7.2 and ABG results include pH 7.08, Bicarb 12, and CO2 28. His VS are HR 116, BP 107/64, RR 36 Deep and rapid, and Temp 101.5. Answer the following questions:
- What interventions do expect to be ordered for Mr. Sweet? Why?
- What type of acid-base disturbance does he have?
- What do you think is Mr. Sweet’s Medical Diagnosis?
Cite any references used